Member & External Relations Committee (MER)
The Member and External Relations Committee is responsible for:
- Reviewing and recommending direction and performance of membership development
- Planning and recommending membership relations, image building, and public relations activities
- Reviewing and reporting on local section and WEF activities
- Reviewing and recommending changes to the Constitution and Bylaws
- Reviewing and certifying local section and committee standing rules
- Determining and recognizing state and WEF award winners
- Developing marketing and communication strategies
- Oversight of the Northern, Southern and Joint Committees
The MER Committee membership is made-up of the:
- All WEF Directors (3)
- 2nd Year Director at Large
- 1st Year Regional Committee Chair
Operations Committee (OPS)
The Operations Committee (OPS) is responsible for:
- Implementation of a programmatic budget (developed by PPD and approved by the board)
- Reviewing the audit or financial review
- Reviewing and recommending appropriate changes in dues, fees, or other income sources to ensure fiscal responsibility
- Reviewing and recommending guidelines for bookkeeping, financial reviews, and cash funds
- Reviewing the financial activities of CWEA committees and conferences
- Reviewing and recommending changes to operations policies or procedures are required
- Oversight of publications, conference activities, and the technical certification program activities
- Oversight of the Training Coordination Committee
The Operations Committee membership is made-up of the:
- 2nd Year Director-at-Large (who will become Treasurer)
- 1st Year Director-at-Large (2)
- TCP Chair Director
- 2nd Year Regional Committee Chair
Planning & Program Development Committee Information (PPD)
The Planning and Program Development (PPD) Committee is responsible for:
- Design of annual planning and program development.
- Planning the annual budget.
- Preparing the annual program plan.
- Planning work sessions.
- Developing the strategic framework (vision, mission, objectives).
- Recommending sites; topics and contracts for the Annual Conference, and all other Conferences with an anticipated regional audience.
- Developing and recommending policies and procedures regarding the conduct of all training activities.
- Review of, and recommendations regarding new program development
- Overseeing activities of Task Forces and Special Committees.
- Reporting and recommending to the Board on all matters from the Committee.
The Planning and Program Development Committee membership is made-up of the:
- President Elect
- Vice President
- Past President
- 3rd Year Regional Chair Director (past Regional Chair)
- 3rd Year Director-at-Large